layout

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Changes

Well we have taken a break from the blog for the past few months but I think it's time to recommit to being more consistent with this. The past few months have been filled with busy days, lots of work for me and lots of school for Greg. Unfortunately there have been so few beach days for us that I am now as pale as I was when we first moved out here. Hoping we can take advantage of the free time we have left before little baby Atkinson joins our family in January!!

That's right. Our family is GROWING! We are excited but nervous for all of the changes coming ahead. If there's one thing I have learned from being pregnant it is that it's harder than I thought it would be (both for the husband and the wife). I try to not be moody but it just happens. I just tell Greg I can't control it and usually he seems to be understanding :) I'm sure everything will be worth it in the end when baby is finally here.

3 comments:

  1. Happy to find your blog! Moodiness is totally part of pregnancy! :) I try to find little things to keep balanced - it's hard! I try to do little nice things for Steve to remind him I'm not crazy ALL the time (maybe just most of the time) and that I love him - a note, a treat, or a shoulder rub. :) If the stars align, maybe our babies will have matching bdays like their dads! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you guys Heidi and Greg! It was fun to get this update, I can't believe you're going to have a baby in like 5 short months, that's so crazy to me! Of course I'm sure it's different for you since you're the one having to deal with the pregnancy every day, haha but either way i'm still so psyched for you guys. Also don't be too hard on yourself about it Heidi, pregnancy is brutal (or from what I've heard of course :) and really sometimes it's just not possible to be in a great mood when you're feeling awful. I also like what my mom has said about it to my sisters, you're making a freaking human being!! That's a huge thing and really that's enough to be focused on just with that. (Paraphrasing of course, she wouldn't say freaking but you get the idea. ;)

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!!! I hope everything goes well with the birth and post partum! Seriously, having a baby is the best but also a super adjustment after they're born. Just remember that! You're not going crazy if you aren't happy after the baby is born...just give yourself and baby time cuz it's an adjustment. Wonderful, but an adjustment! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete